Thursday, February 28, 2013

Play Date Cafe Challenge #171

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog! Take a look at this color challenge hosted by The Play Date Cafe:

This is one of my favorite color combinations to look at, but I find it well, a challenge! to work with, actually. I decided to do something fairly clean and simple, so here was the result:


 I used one of my new toys--a Stampin' Up Sizzix hexagon embossing folder. Sadly, my cardstock must be too cheap or old or something, because the first few pieces of paper I embossed, ripped right apart. But this one managed to stay fairly intact.

One of my other new favorite toys is a simple one, and I don't know why it took me so long to buy one....the Tim Holtz distressing tool. I used to try to do it on my own with a makeup sponge or something, and it never worked right. The tool works perfectly!

Other supplies of note: Basic Grey Fact/Fiction paper (picked this up at 70% off at Joann's), my tiny heart punch, Tim Holtz Tiny Tags die (for the tiny tag), Tim Holtz flower garland die (for the leaf), and flowers from my stash. I put a bit of splats of Georgia Peach Color Shine, just because I need a bit of messy on everything I make :)  I used an alpha for the sentiment because I am sorely lacking in sentiment stamps. Any recommendations??

Finally, I used the gorgeous stickers provided by our sponsor this week, SRM Stickers. I used the orange polka dot scallop and the "hello beautiful" trim. They worked perfectly for this CAS card.


Well that's it! Thanks for looking! If you would like to join the challenge at The Play Date cafe, check out the blog for complete rules and prize information.

No comments: