Sunday, November 18, 2012

December Daily (sort of)

Last year, I remember seeing December Daily (if you don't know what it is, click the link) everywhere...but never did one of my own. I was all digi at that point and didn't really feel like making a digi mini.

But,  I LOVE the look of mini albums in general, and actually have tried to make my own a few times. I've bought chipboard albums from Michael's (curse you, dollar bin!) but have never actually made one yet.

Well, when I went to a chat about DD at Simple Scrapper a few weeks ago, I was inspired. The Simple Scrapper kit was reasonably priced and it had free shipping...which is always a big draw for me! But my craft budget was spent already :( Fortunately, I have the best aunt, who offered to get me the kit for my birthday, which was conveniently last week!

Now, the thing is, I don't have kids and I don't really do enough interesting stuff every day to document it. (My life consists mostly of work, eat, dink around on the computer) BUT I think I do have enough fun Christmas memories over my whole lifetime to share!

So, my album is going to be a mishmash of my Christmas memories, including some from this year. There is a lot I want to say and remember, so I think I can fill up 31 pages (yes, I decided to go past 25. I have enough numbers, papers, and embellishments, so why not?)

I want to share the first couple now. (the color turned out weird in the photos, and even though I fixed them some in GIMP, I may rephotograph for the next batch)


Here's the cover and the first few pages:








Check back later for more!

No comments: