Friday, December 27, 2013

Disney Album!

I have taken a number of vacations in the past, and each time I planned to create some sort of travel album....and have never done so :( I have scrapped individual pages, but I have never created a memento album like I have seen so many examples of from other people.

So, for the trip to Walt Disney World we have coming up, I am determined to make this trip the first one that I actually create an album for! I debated on how to create my album. Then I decided to jump on the "Smash book" train (I know I am really late on this, these days everything is all about Project Life instead of Smash but that's ok.)  I created a base album, so that hopefully I can just stick in the photos and journaling.

I first thought that I would bring my album with me and work on it on the trip, but after spending hours on the cover, I really don't see myself now stuffing it in a suitcase or backpack where it could get messed up (especially considering that I already lost a star embellishment off the front). Instead, I will bring a plastic envelope/pouch to collect any ephemera, and a little notebook to take notes. When I get home, I will put it all together!

I started with this base binder:
I chose this one because it was 3-hole (instead of a Smash one, which is spiral bound). I wanted to make sure I could add in my own pages and pockets, and change around the order if needed.

Notes about this binder: I actually felt like it came with too many inside pages for the ring size. I knew that I would be adding a fair amount of bulk to some pages, and adding some pockets, so I took out probably around 1/3 of the pages or more. Unfortunately, this meant breaking up coordinated "spreads." Along similar lines, when I flipped through the pages, the insides of each page kept getting caught by the rings. To remedy that, I sliced off a tiny bit of each page to the left of the hole punches. I feel like had the rings just been a bit bigger, I could have avoided a lot of hassle!

Also, I didn't particularly like the pattern on the cover. You can see that I put my own paper over the whole thing.


Here's a look at my finished cover (minus one star!) and a few inside pages:







I will share the rest once our trip (and then the album itself) is completed!

Oh, and one more Disney-related creation....here's a little canvas I made for a friend (sorry about the picture quality, I forgot to take a photo of it myself before I gave it to her, so this is a pic from her phone)


As always, thanks for stopping by!

No comments: