Thursday, October 25, 2012

Play Date Cafe Challenge #155

Well I hope everyone had lots of fun last week with our big 3rd anniversary celebration!  I just love the soft colors this week, such a contrast from the bold and dark colors last week (I loved those too, though):


 And here is the tag I made:

Sometimes, I have problems with the composition of a tag--I am used to working on a much larger scale--but I love how this turned out! What I don't like is that my distressing ended up a bit splotchy. But, overall I like it.

Supplies: Stamps provided by Technique Tuesday, our sponsor for this challenge; die cuts from Tim Holtz sizzix dies (tattered flowers and gears); ruler trim by Tim Holtz; Ranger Distress ink in Old Photo; Ranger Distress Stain in Picket Fence; plus generic gesso, acrylic paint, button, flower, ribbon etc.

And as mentioned, here is our great sponsor for the week:


 Also this week, we say goodbye to a longtime team member, Ruby McGuire. We are very sad to see her go :(  She will be missed!

And finally, we are happy to have Teri Anderson of Technique Tuesday with us this week as a guest designer!

Make sure to check out The Play Date Cafe blog for complete prize and rules information!

3 comments:

Donna B. said...

Awesome tag Lynn! I love how you incorporated the stamps into the steampunk tag!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a wonderful tag! I just love those crafty elements!

~amy~ said...

lovelovelove your tag!!!!!