Thursday, June 26, 2014

Steampunk Kitty

So, several months ago, I saw these Finnabair altered steampunk-style horses popping up, and I fell in love! I found this video tutorial: “Altered Wooden Horse - tutorial by Finnabair”

Then I went to our local flea market and bought some old horses, and decided that I could also do this with my favorite animal--a cat! I bought a couple old cats and then set to work.

Here's the before:
Pretty ugly, right??

So I painted it, added some fun stuff, created a hat out of clay, and here's the result:

I think it's quite an improvement, don't you think??

Thanks to Finnabair for the great inspiration! I now have a lot of other items I am planning on altering... :)

3 comments:

Lalo said...

Kitty redo!!! He looks gorgeous now!!!

Donna B. said...

He is pretty cool looking cat now!!

Lynn K said...

Sooooooo cool!! They look completely different!