Thursday, March 28, 2013

Play Date Cafe Challenge #175

Hi everyone! Did you wonder where last week's challenge was? Well, we had a bit of a problem with the USPS being extremely sloooow, so I will be posting a belated project with beautiful The Crafter's Meow stamps in a few days!

But, this week we have one of my favorite color combos, and projects, of all time!


My favorite color is purple, so of course I wanted to do something special.  I had a little 6x6 deep-edge canvas I have been saving, so here's what I did with it:

 

Supplies: flowers by Prima, Michael's, and from my stash; butterfly die cut from Sizzix, "Imagine" from Making Memories, fancy trim by Kaisercraft, and background patterned tissue paper by Tim Holtz; mists by SEI, Ranger Perfect Pearls, and Dylusions. Script Stamp by Stampin' Up, and hexagon stamp is actually a pot holder/trivet from Walmart.

If these colors inspire you, be sure to check out complete challenge information at The Play Date Cafe Blog! Our sponsor this week is Ribbons Unlimited Inc, and you could win a great prize from them!

3 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful project Lynn! Love the background and beautiful butterfly!

Anne-Marie said...

Gorgeous Lynn, you have inspired me!

Sue Lelli said...

I just LOVE your mixed media project, Lynn! LOVE the music on the deep edges and the FAB butterfly and buttons! Just GORGEOUS!!!